COMMUNICATION LESSONS » APOLOGISING
| || |
1) Definition of the word apology:
+ the word apology means a promise to correct your mistakes. When you say “I’m sorry” you mean I will not do that again. That is, apologising is followed by a decision that changes your behavior.
2) What is the purpose of apologising?
+ the purpose of apologising is to make good relationship among people. Without apologising, people will cut off all contacts.
3) The main components of apology:
a) Recognition: to know that what you have done is wrong
b) Responsibility: accept full responsibility of the action
c) Regret : show that you empathize with the person you hurt. say “I’m sorry”
d) Remedy : correct your mistake. Do everything you can to make it right.
4) The most effective ways of apologising:
a) Face to face is the best way to apologize
b) Next best way is by telephone because others can assess feelings from your voice.
c) Least effective way is by email/ letter.
5) Is there any relationship between “complaining” and “apologizing”?
+ there is a relationship between “complaining” and “apologising” and we can not separate between them. When someone complains the other apologises. Apologising is here a response to complaining.
6) Some expressions that reflect some apologies and responding to them: